SAVANNAH, GA (September 11, 2023) – Great Dane is proud to showcase various innovative transportation solutions focused on safety and efficiency at the 2023 International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) Conference at booth #1005. The event will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Texas, September 11-12.
“We’re pleased to participate in IFDA again this year and showcase products that illustrate Great Dane’s steadfast commitment to safety, innovation, and efficiency for the foodservice industry,” said Rick Mullininx, President and COO of Great Dane. “One of our highest priorities is to delight our customers by providing equipment that offers exceptional safety and increased productivity while meeting the market’s demands for a digital future.”
Among the highlights on display at the Great Dane booth include:
Exclusive Partnership Offering a Safety Grip Solution:
- An exclusive partnership with SLIPNOT®, a leading safety flooring and surface technologies provider, to create long-lasting end-user safety grip slip resistance for entering and exiting trailers. The safety grip technology solution creates a bond to metal products, creating a high-friction surface that can help eliminate slips and falls and has a significantly longer lifespan than traditional solutions. SLIPNOT now comes standard on all 2025 model-year Great Dane Everest trailers equipped with roll-up rear doors or side doors. SLIPNOT can be viewed on the 28′ Ben E. Keith Everest reefer at Great Dane’s booth.
- Read more about this exclusive partnership here.
Integrated Real-time Data for Refrigeration Units:
- Enhanced integration capabilities between Great Dane’s FleetPulse and Thermo King’s TracKing® system deliver real-time data from the trailer refrigeration unit to increase operational efficiency and elevate cargo integrity. Updates include additional alert capabilities and two-way control directly from the FleetPulse platform. A Thermo King reefer unit equipped with these capabilities will be displayed at booth #1005.
- Read more about this integration here.
All-electric refrigeration technology:
- Continued electric innovation through collaboration with Performance Food Group Company, Navistar, and Carrier Transicold on the launch of a commercial evaluation program using all-electric refrigeration technology on a battery-electric truck for sustainable, direct-emissions-free distribution of refrigerated and frozen food. In support of the program, Great Dane engineers reduced the truck body weight and increased thermal efficiency while minimizing changes to the overall body design. The Alpine truck body featuring these innovations will be displayed at Great Dane’s booth.
- Interior lighting upgrades with LED strip lights now standard that are 74% brighter than traditional dome lighting and provide better light dispersion. This enhancement also removes internal roof lighting components, helping to streamline repair and replacement. Great Dane’s LED strip lighting is displayed on a Great Dane Everest trailer at booth #1005.
“We’re proud to showcase innovative solutions that address the pain points challenging food service fleets,” said Chris Hammond, Executive Vice President of Sales at Great Dane. “Our solutions offer greater productivity, optimal thermal efficiency, and increased safety to maximize uptime and increase efficiency for both the driver and fleet manager.